We kicked it off with the 4th of July, spending the day at my Aunt Doe's and on the lake and the evening at J's parents' house with dinner and fireworks.
That weekend we headed to Destin, Florida to spend the entire week on the beach with my dad's side of the fam. Ahhh, to go back in time.....
We celebrated Heidi's 4th birthday while on vacation. She's growing up way too fast! :(
We also celebrated my Nanny's July birthday when we got back from vaca.
July was our last month living in Oologah. We took a break from packing up and spent one of our last afternoons soaking up the beauty of the lake.
We also came upon a man and his parrot eating at Subway together...
And finally...the day came to move out of our rental house in Oologah. J's parents, my mom, my sister and Heidi all came to help. Here is a picture of Heido and Erna during a dinner break. She was so worn out she just hopped on Erna and fell back in relaxation. She's a funny one.
I will be sharing a lot more about some of these events in other posts.
- I did my very best at getting as much done as possible and as organized as possible during my last week of work in Tulsa. I stayed late multiple nights and tried to make sure they were prepared for the next person that came along to take my place. So overall, this goal was a success.
- We sold a few items of clothing, but....not nearly as much as I wanted. And that's all because I never posted all the items I planned to online. So overall, I'd say this goal was a fail. But that's okay with me, because it'll all still be here when we get back and I'm sure we'll be able to use some extra money then as well, considering we'll have (hopefully) been traveling all over Europe! ;)
- I also didn't get to work on organizing my blog like I "wished" either. Another fail.
So, one for three isn't terrible right? Ha! Now for the failure excuses... ;) ;)
After moving home and living back and forth between our parents' houses, our number one priority before moving out of the country has been to spend as much time as possible with all of our families and loved ones. So the few hours I had in the evenings after late nights at work reaching my first goal, I didn't want to spend behind a computer screen. And I know I know, this is actually two weeks behind... Well same story goes for last week. Haha. I honestly didn't realize how busy I would still be after being done with my job with appointments, family events, watching my niece and last minute preparations. See, I'm good at making excuses. ;)
But I'm still not giving up! So for this week:
- Organize blog. I still want to work on my last goal of slowly organizing my blog by editing pictures and getting caught up on posts. I still have many plans of reorganization for this blog o' mine, so don't be surprised when you see this goal for the next several weeks. And probably multiple posts a day for the next few days...
- Pack. Our flight for Spain leaves THIS SATURDAY!!!! 3 days!! I still can't even believe how fast time has flown. It's unreal! So our biggest goal until Saturday is to fit as much of our belongings in two 50 pound bags and two carry-ons each to move with us to Spain. It shall be challenging, but this is a goal we cannot fail at or we'll be missing our flight. Ha.
- Find apartment. The next priority for the next week is to find a furnished apartment to live in for the next 10 months. This is the reason we are trying to get there about a week and a half early so we can hopefully have plenty of time to settle in. Fortunately, we know a missionary family that lives near Madrid and they have been a HUGE blessing to us. They are allowing us to stay with them for the first few days as well as helping us find a place to rent once we get there.
I'm not making anymore goals beyond these because I know I would just be setting myself up for failure. And we have one life-changing week ahead of us!
Stay tuned for several posts over the next few days catching up on the incredible summer of 2013!
Linking up with: Melyssa.
Linking up with: Melyssa.